People who defend the British Monarchy (ARGUMENTS):
- Representing the UK at HOME and ABROAD.
- Settings standards of citizenship and family life.
- Uniting people despite differences.
- Allegiance of the armed forces.
- Maintaining continuity of BRITISH traditions.
- Preserving a CHRISTIAN MORALITY.
MAIN CRITICSMS OF THE MONARCHY (ARGUMENTS):
- This is the potential for political involvement.
- The Monarchy is unrepresentative.
- The Monarchy is overly EXPENSIVE.
- The Monarchy in no longer NECESSARY.
Queen ELIZABETH II became the Monarch on 6 february 1952:
The British Royal Family: